6 Health Benefits of B-12 Injections
Vitamin B-12 is a vitamin that is essential for numerous biochemical processes in our bodies. We can get B-12 from food sources such as meat products, fish, eggs and milk. Therefore, vegetarians and vegans may not be getting enough B-12 in their diets. These people might want to talk to their doctor about supplementation or injections. Furthermore, individuals taking certain medications like stomach acid reducers may not be getting enough B-12.
Injections of B-12 can be more effective than supplementation for those that are depleted of B-12 and for those on acid reducing medications. Also, some patients prefer a monthly shot rather that taking a B-12 tablet everyday. Listed here are benefits from B-12 injections:
1. Can improve energy
- One symptom of B-12 deficiency is fatigue.
2. Can prevent anemia
- B-12 is essential for making new red blood cells. This is likely the reason B-12 deficiency causes fatigue.
3. Can improve mood
- B-12 is essential for producing and processing serotonin.
4. Supports memory and cognition
- Research has shown that lower levels of B-12 can be associated with memory loss.
5. Supports heart health
- B-12 helps to decrease homocystine. Homocystine is an amino acid that is associated with heart disease.
6. Supports hair, skin and nails
-B-12 deficiency can be linked to a number of skin conditions, nail discoloration and hair loss.
Dr. Corey provides B-12 injections for $35 in Seattle and Olympia. Call or text 206.971.6708 to schedule.
This information is for educational purposes and not intended to diagnose or treat any medical condition. Seek care from a medical professional before starting any supplementation or lifestyle changes.